Categories

Archives

Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 2)

The Battle of Unequitable Liberty in Massachusetts

The Battle of Unequitable Liberty in Massachusetts

By: Duncan Burns – May, 2018 As readers know by now, Yarmouth K-9 Police Officer Sean Gannon was murdered by a career criminal. A criminal, whose very nature was…

The Problem Everyone Wants to Ignore, The Homeless in Lawrence ~ PAYING ATTENTION with TOM DUGGAN

The Problem Everyone Wants to Ignore, The Homeless in Lawrence  ~ PAYING ATTENTION with TOM DUGGAN

MAY, 2018 Driving through the City of Lawrence it’s almost impossible not to notice the homeless population, whether they are pan-handling on the corners of the busiest intersections, or…

My Trip to Israel

My Trip to Israel

By: Peter Larocque – April, 2018 I had the awesome privilege last month of being a part of the TBN, (Trinity Broadcasting Network) Hope & Grace 2018 Israel Tour. I…

Team Zingales/Century 21 Gives $1K Scholarship to LHS Star at Charity BASH!

Team Zingales/Century 21 Gives $1K Scholarship to LHS Star at Charity BASH!

FIREFIGHTERS RELIEF’S IN – 1 MARKET ST., LAWRENCE Each year Joe Zingales and Rosanna Zingales-Lopez from Century 21 TEAM ZINGALES in Methuen donate at least $1,000 for our Valley Patriot BASH…

WWII, U.S. Army Air Corps. – Sgt. Peter D’Ambrosio – VALLEY PATRIOT OF THE MONTH ~ HERO IN OUR MIDST

WWII, U.S. Army Air Corps. – Sgt. Peter D’Ambrosio –  VALLEY PATRIOT OF THE MONTH ~ HERO IN OUR MIDST

By John Cuddy – April, 2018 Meeting this American Hero at Mary Ann’s Diner in Derry, NH on a Saturday morning, I was amazed at how quickly and confidently he…

Study: Mayoral Candidates Spend $6M in ’17 Election ~ Rivera Ranks #7 Among Big Spenders

Study: Mayoral Candidates Spend $6M in ’17 Election ~ Rivera Ranks #7 Among Big Spenders

According to the Massachusetts Office of Campaign and Political Finance (OCPF), mayoral finalists in 35 cities reported $6,092,517 in expenditures during the 2017 election. HERE ARE THE TOP TEN BIG…

Clean River Project Invites Community to “Earth Day Awareness Rally” Launch of the Merrimack Riverkeepers Coalition

Clean River Project Invites Community to “Earth Day Awareness Rally”  Launch of the Merrimack Riverkeepers Coalition

RALLY TO TAKE PLACE April 22nd, 11 am to 2 pm G.A.R. Park in Haverhill, MA On Sunday, April 22nd from 11 am to 2 pm at the G.A.R Park in…

Whittier Tech Students Design New Allied Health Center

Whittier Tech Students Design New Allied Health Center

Project Led by Seniors from Georgetown, Haverhill and Merrimac with Assistance from Newburyport Junior HAVERHILL — After several months of hard work, final design plans for Whittier Tech’s new Allied…

Valley Patriot Reader Contribute $1,500 for Gr. Lawrence Tech Scholarship

Valley Patriot Reader Contribute $1,500 for Gr. Lawrence Tech Scholarship

This year’s Valley Patriot/Greater Lawrence Tech. School scholarship goes to Jordana Cepeda thanks to two donations to the Valley Patriot. Jordan was chosen among several students who applies for the…

Whittier Students Learn Consequences of Distracted Driving Through Simulation

Whittier Students Learn Consequences of Distracted Driving Through Simulation

Students from Groveland, Haverhill and West Newbury Share Experiences HAVERHILL — At first glance, students who sat inside the orange Distractology van stationed outside Whittier appeared to be engaged in…

Dear Julia ~ by Jeff Katz

Dear Julia ~ by Jeff Katz

Dear Julia: I’m writing you this note on March 7, 2018. Today is the day that you turn 15 years old. It’s an interesting day for me and Mom, but…

Valley Patriot Readers Give $3,300 Scholarship to Lawrence High JrROTC Student Darlene Santos

Valley Patriot Readers Give $3,300 Scholarship to Lawrence High JrROTC Student Darlene Santos

Lawrence High School Senior Darlene Santos joined her fellow students in the JrROTC and marched into the Valley Patriot’s 14th Anniversary BASH last week as the JrROTC has done…

11 Yr. Old Cancer Victim Gets Royal Treatment by North Andover PD

11 Yr. Old Cancer Victim Gets Royal Treatment by North Andover PD

Eleven year old Nathan Scanlon got the ride of his life last month when the North Andover Police and Cops for Kids with Cancer paid him and his family…

Lawrence General Featured in Time Magazine Special Issue Focused on the Opioid Epidemic

Lawrence General Featured in Time Magazine Special Issue Focused on the Opioid Epidemic

In January, Lawrence General hosted a team from Time magazine who were following an expectant mother on methadone who is living with a foster family in the area. The three-person Time crew was at…

Whittier Tech Students Use Music Therapy to Help Those with Alzheimer’s Disease

Whittier Tech Students Use Music Therapy to Help Those with Alzheimer’s Disease

HAVERHILL — Three health occupation students at Whittier Tech are using music therapy as a way to help patients with Alzheimer’s disease communicate with family and friends. After…