Archives

Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 2)

Methuen Police Looking for 14 yr old Nikita Sarantakis, Walked Away from DCF Custody, Missing and Believed to be in “Serious Danger”

Methuen Police Looking for 14 yr old Nikita Sarantakis, Walked Away from DCF Custody, Missing and Believed to be in “Serious Danger”

By: Tom Duggan Methuen police say they are very concerned about a missing 14 year old girl who left the state’s DCF custody on Friday and may be in serious danger.  Methuen Police Chief Joe…

Methuen Students Learning Technology in Early Grades

Methuen Students Learning Technology in Early Grades

By: D.J. Deeb – January, 2015 Methuen Public Schools is fortunate to have such a strong and proactive Technology Department. At our December School Committee, Director of Instructional Technology Ed…

Paying Attention! w. Tom Duggan: (1-17-15) Guests: State Rep. Colleen Garry, Methuen Cheif Solomon, Lowell Chief Taylor

Paying Attention! w. Tom Duggan: (1-17-15) Guests: State Rep. Colleen Garry, Methuen Cheif Solomon, Lowell Chief Taylor

DOWNLOAD OR LISTEN TO HOUR 1 DOWNLOAD OR LISTEN TO HOUR 2 State Representative Colleen Garry (D_Dracut) joined Tom (Paul had the day off) to talk about her proposal to deal…

Reflecting Back and Moving Massachusetts Forward ~ IN YOUR CORNER WITH SENATOR IVES

Reflecting Back and Moving Massachusetts Forward ~ IN YOUR CORNER WITH SENATOR IVES

By: Kathleen O’Connor Ives – January, 2015 In my first legislative session we passed a number of significant laws, including requiring nursing homes, rest homes, or other long term care…

Methuen Students to Take the Stage at Stoneham Theatre ~ Winter Fest 2015

Methuen Students to Take the Stage at Stoneham Theatre ~ Winter Fest 2015

(Stoneham, MA) Two Methuen students will perform on stage at Stoneham Theatre as part of the young company Winter Festival 2015 from January 30–February 8, 2015. the young company offers…

Green Agenda Casts Aside the Poor and Destitute

Green Agenda Casts Aside the Poor and Destitute

By: Christine Morabito – January, 2015 It’s easy to go green when you don’t have to go hungry. Free from the stress of foraging for food, environmental activists have the…

Mayor Rivera Joins English Works Campaign

Mayor Rivera Joins English Works Campaign

LAWRENCE – The English Works Campaign and the City of Lawrence are pleased to announce that Mayor Dan Rivera has officially signed on to the English Works Campaign, as one more…

Heroes Honored

Heroes Honored

By: Jen Jones – December, 2014 The Methuen Exchange Club hosted their 20th Annual Awards Night on November 18th at the Merrimack Valley Golf Club. This is a special event…

The Power Of Giving ~ BABIES AND BRIEFCASES

The Power Of Giving ~ BABIES AND BRIEFCASES

By: Cheryl Hajjar – December, 2014 It is better to give to then receive. We have all heard that popular saying before, but what does it really mean? The power…

Government Waste Hurts our Veterans ~ Notes from The American Legion

Government Waste Hurts our Veterans ~ Notes from The American Legion

By: John Lenotte, American Legion December, 2014 As the Christmas and New Year’s holidays are upon us, let us not forget the men and women in our military, most of…

Some Patients Pay More and May Not Keep their Doctor – By Dr. Frank MacMillan

Some Patients Pay More and May Not Keep their Doctor – By Dr. Frank MacMillan

By: Dr. Frank MacMillan – December, 2014 While I consider myself well read and I work hard to remain connected to and aware of changes happening in medicine, I have…

Death Without Dignity – TEEN TALK with ANA DEBERNARDO

Death Without Dignity – TEEN TALK with ANA DEBERNARDO

By: Ana DeBernardo – December, 2014 One of the strongest arguments for physician assisted suicide is the idea of “Death with Dignity.” People claim that their life is theirs and…

Top Ten Reasons Manchester, NH is a Great Place to Work and Live

Top Ten Reasons Manchester, NH is a Great Place to Work and Live

By: Justess Jacobson – December, 2014 I have lived in Manchester since I was 8 years old. I didn’t appreciate it at the time, but it truly was a great…

7 Warning Signs That an Older Relative Could Use More Support

7 Warning Signs That an Older Relative Could Use More Support

By: Greg Batchelder, December, 2014 I have found over my many years of working in the senior living industry that holiday visits are often a wake-up call for adult children…

What I Saw in Ferguson – Mixed Messages

What I Saw in Ferguson – Mixed Messages

By: Christine Morabito – December 2014 The 21,000 residents of Ferguson, Missouri have been unwitting pawns in a game where everybody loses. Over the past several months, racial unrest has caused…