Categories

Archives

Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 2)

40R Zoning and Methuen’s Downtown

40R Zoning and Methuen’s Downtown

By: Linda Dean Campbell – Feb. 2017 Methuen has made some significant strides in recent years leveraging State investment in projects to renovate the High School, build the Methuen Rail…

May 1 is Speak English Day in Lawrence – KATHY’S LAWRENCE NOTEBOOK

May 1 is Speak English  Day in Lawrence – KATHY’S LAWRENCE NOTEBOOK

By: Kathy Runge – Feb. 2017 First, I would like to thank Mayor Rivera and Governor Baker for protecting us from the snow. Snow is easy. Snow doesn’t vote. Let’s…

GENITALS DO NOT DEFINE US ~ YE GAY OL’ VALLEY

GENITALS DO NOT DEFINE US ~ YE GAY OL’ VALLEY

By: Dani Langevin – Feb. 2017 Take a good look at the pictures above. When these children go to school or are out…

Meow Mixer – April 28th, Tewksbury – ROBIN’S KITTY CORNER

Meow Mixer – April 28th, Tewksbury – ROBIN’S KITTY CORNER

By: Robin Desmet – Feb. 2017 It is no secret that I am passionate about helping animals. More specifically, I am involved in cat fostering and cat rescue and I perform…

Methuen School Officers Engage in Residency Checks!

Methuen School Officers Engage in Residency Checks!

By: D.J. Deeb – Feb. 2017 There has been much discussion on social media regarding residency requirements for students attending Methuen schools. Unfortunately, most of the information appearing on these…

Vietnam Veteran Richard Russell – VALLEY PATRIOT OF THE MONTH – HEROES IN OUR MIDST

Vietnam Veteran Richard Russell – VALLEY PATRIOT OF THE MONTH – HEROES IN OUR MIDST

By: Beth D’Amato – Feb. 2017 The Valley Patriot is celebrating its 13th year in publication this month! As part of that tribute, we are spotlighting one of our very…

MA Auditor Finds More Than $17.6M in MassHealth Fraud

MA Auditor Finds More Than $17.6M in MassHealth Fraud

Bump Says Findings Pointing to Persistent Deficiencies in Payment System BOSTON, MA — Auditor Suzanne M. Bump today announced that during a one year period, her office’s Medicaid Audit Unit…

Methuen School Committee Holds Illegal Meeting, Ambushes DiNatale

Methuen School Committee Holds Illegal Meeting, Ambushes DiNatale

By Tom Duggan – March, 2017 On January 23rd, the Methuen School Committee went into an executive session, (a meeting where the public is excluded) claiming they were going to…

TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE – Valley Patriot Announces Nominees for 2017 BASH Awards

TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE – Valley Patriot Announces Nominees for 2017 BASH Awards

The Valley Patriot newspaper has announced the nominees for the 2017 Valley Patriot BASH Awards. Winners will be announced at The Valley Patriot BASH, held on March 24th, at the Firefighter’s…

The Big Bopper – In he Groove with Cindy Annis

The Big Bopper – In he Groove with Cindy Annis

By: Cindy Annis – Feb. 2017 The Big Bopper was born on October 24, 1930 in Sabine Pass, Texas. His birth name was Jiles Perry Richardson Jr. Being the son…

Moksha Spa Celebrates 10 Years in Methuen

Moksha Spa Celebrates 10 Years in Methuen

In the City of Methuen a much needed spa for stressed out, overworked and spa shy individuals and executives to relax and recover from daily routine. She finally decided to…

Lawrence Politicians Behaving Badly

Lawrence Politicians Behaving Badly

By: Kathy Runge – January, 2017 In December ex-District A Councilor and potential mayoral candidate Sandy Almonte verbally abused a Lawrence police officer at the scene of an accident involving…

Local Veterans Honored in New Book “Heroes in Our Midst” ~ From The Pages of The Valley Patriot

Local Veterans Honored in New Book “Heroes in Our Midst” ~ From The Pages of The Valley Patriot

BUY NOW  Each month since March of 2004, The Valley Patriot newspaper has published a front page story about the bravery and dedication of a local veteran called “Valley Patriot…

Northern Essex’s Fall 2016 Dean’s List Announced

Northern Essex’s Fall 2016 Dean’s List Announced

Dr. William Heineman, vice president of academic and students affairs, Northern Essex Community College, is pleased to announce the appointment of students to the Dean’s List for the Fall 2016…

Reducing Exposure to Toxins ~IN YOU’RE CORNER WITH KATY IVES

Reducing Exposure to Toxins ~IN YOU’RE CORNER WITH KATY IVES

By: State Senator Katy Ives (D-Newburyport) In my effort to continue to focus these columns on bills that I will file in the next legislative session, I want to discuss…