Some Patients Pay More and May Not Keep their Doctor – By Dr. Frank MacMillan

Some Patients Pay More and May Not Keep their Doctor – By Dr. Frank MacMillan

By: Dr. Frank MacMillan – December, 2014 While I consider myself well read and I work hard to remain connected to and aware of changes happening in medicine, I have only recently become knowledgeable about a new program being rolled out by CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) on January 1, 2015 that may […]

Death Without Dignity – TEEN TALK with ANA DEBERNARDO

Death Without Dignity – TEEN TALK with ANA DEBERNARDO

By: Ana DeBernardo – December, 2014 One of the strongest arguments for physician assisted suicide is the idea of “Death with Dignity.” People claim that their life is theirs and only theirs, and that no one should have the right to decide when to end it but them. If a man is diagnosed with a […]

7 Warning Signs That an Older Relative Could Use More Support

7 Warning Signs That an Older Relative Could Use More Support

By: Greg Batchelder, December, 2014 I have found over my many years of working in the senior living industry that holiday visits are often a wake-up call for adult children who realize their parent isn’t doing all that well living alone. Although it can be tough facing the reality of elderly relatives more frail or […]

What I Saw in Ferguson – Mixed Messages

What I Saw in Ferguson – Mixed Messages

By: Christine Morabito – December 2014 The 21,000 residents of Ferguson, Missouri have been unwitting pawns in a game where everybody loses. Over the past several months, racial unrest has caused an unwelcome invasion of anarchists, Occupiers, Communist agitators, race-baiters, convicted felons, and otherwise petty criminals, who refuse to let the facts get in the way […]

Waste Management sells Wheelabrator Technologies Inc. to Energy Capital Partners

Waste Management sells Wheelabrator Technologies Inc. to Energy Capital Partners

HAMPTON, N.H. —  Wheelabrator Technologies Inc. today announced the close of its $1.94 billion acquisition by Energy Capital Partners from Waste Management. A definitive agreement for the sale was previously announced July 29, 2014. Wheelabrator creates clean, renewable energy from everyday residential and business wastes, and will operate as a stand-alone company. Wheelabrator has a […]

Former NH Rep., Atty. DiFruscia Caught Red Handed Stealing Valley Patriot Newspapers…. Again.

Former NH Rep., Atty. DiFruscia Caught Red Handed  Stealing Valley Patriot Newspapers…. Again.

For the past two years, The Valley Patriot has been investigating a series of thefts of newspapers and newspaper boxes throughout the Merrimack Valley totaling an estimated loss of more than $2,200 just this year alone in stolen papers in Methuen, Lawrence and Salem NH. Last month, former Windham State Representative, Attorney Anthony DiFruscia was […]

MIAA Backs North Andover Principals Decision to Suspend Basketball Coach, Says Scuzzarella Argued for Lower Penalty

MIAA Backs North Andover Principals Decision to Suspend Basketball Coach, Says Scuzzarella Argued for Lower Penalty

NORTH ANDOVER – In the wake of the basketball coach scandal in North Andover, The Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) has issued a statement backing High School  principal Scuzzarella’s decision to suspend basketball coach Paul Tanglis for “out of season coach, athlete contact”.  Last week a parent complained to the MIAA that coach Tanglis had violated MIAA […]

Methuen Police Department Adds Six New Cruisers

Methuen Police Department Adds Six New Cruisers

Mayor Stephen N. Zanni and Police Chief Joseph Solomon are pleased to announce that the Methuen Police Department will be adding six new vehicles to aid and improve public safety in Methuen. The department will be adding four 2014 Ford Police Utility Vehicles, assigned to the Uniformed Division (Patrol Division), and two 2014 Ford Taurus […]

“Remembering the Lessons of History as We Honor America’s Veterans”

By: Kenneth Willette – November, 2014 I have always deeply valued the honorable service and sacrifices rendered by veterans throughout our beloved nation. These veterans came from vastly different backgrounds, races, ethnicities, economic classes and neighborhoods. However, they always collectively shared the common purpose of duty, honor, and love of our nation. Their remarkable journeys […]

Podcast of Paying Attention with Tom Duggan ~ The Madness in Ferguson (11-29-14)

Podcast of Paying Attention with Tom Duggan ~ The Madness in Ferguson (11-29-14)

DOWNLOAD OR LISTEN TO HOUR 1  DOWNLOAD OR LISTEN TO HOUR 2 One of the most frank discussions you will ever hear about race, Ferguson, American culture, the second amendment, the corrupt news media, feckless political leaders, and the propaganda that causes civil unrest in black neighborhoods. You’ve never heard a show like this and […]

New Veterans Affairs Secretary Comes to Massachusetts

New Veterans Affairs Secretary Comes to Massachusetts

By: Linda Dean Campbell – November, 2014 Very recently, I was afforded the opportunity to have a discussion with our new national Secretary of Veterans Affairs, Robert McDonald. Wisely, he is taking time to visit VA health care centers across the country, including our center in West Roxbury, Massachusetts. I was impressed by some of […]

American Training Honors Partners at Annual LIFE Matters Awards

American Training Honors Partners  at Annual LIFE Matters Awards

Applause filled the room as the 2014 LIFE Matters Award recipients were announced. The crowd rose to their feet as Market Basket associates were called to the stage. Each year American Training recognizes companies and individuals in the community who make a difference in the lives of those they touch by putting people first, at […]

Homework Wars – BABIES AND BRIEFCASES

Homework Wars – BABIES AND BRIEFCASES

By: Cheryl Hajjar – November, 2014 ‘Tis the season for homework. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy. If you have grade school children, even mentioning the word homework is like dragging your fingernails down a never ending chalkboard. Some days I honestly would rather walk over a 1000 hot coals in my bare feet than suffer the […]

Backyard Chickens … in Lawrence!

Backyard Chickens … in Lawrence!

By: Susan Wilson Laplante – November, 2014 Yes it’s true, backyard chickens are allowed in Lawrence. The growing rage in urban areas to keep a small flock of chickens in your backyard has made its way to Lawrence. Chickens in the city are nothing new. However, without a permit from the Board of Health, those […]

1 33 34 35 36 37 62