The Presidential Election: Two Truths and Five Reasons ~ BENEATH THE SURFACE WITH PAUL MURANO
By: Paul Murano – Oct. 2016
There are Two truths I have concluded about this upcoming presidential election. The first is that Donald Trump has shown himself to be highly immature, self-serving, undignified, pompous, highly insulting, and a terrible candidate. The second truth is that we have a moral obligation to vote for him. Here’s why.
Politically, I am an Independent. Out of 17 Republican candidates for president, Donald Trump was probably my 17th choice. When his popularity rose, dumbfounded, I begged people on my radio show and through Facebook to tell me why they would possibly support him. I received no reasonable responses. That said, on November 8, I will be voting for Donald Trump; and I propose that anyone with a properly formed conscience will be doing the same. Here are Five basic reasons why:
1) Prenatal Homicide is Unjust. There is nothing more evil than the legal slaughter of innocents, no matter how it is rationalized; and no one with a living conscience could possibly allow other issues to take precedence. Doing so would be akin to voting for Hitler because you like his health plan, or Mao because he’s for the little guy, or Stalin because you like his foreign policy. If one lives in the midst of an ongoing legal genocide, and we are now in our 44th year, concern for other issues takes a back seat. No humane or civilized person could possibly ignore what happens to 4000 preborn children each day in America. In a speech on September 10th, The National Day of Remembrance for Aborted Children, Fr. Michael Orsi, chaplain of Ave Maria Law School proclaimed: “The prophets, including John the Baptist and Jesus, lost their lives because they spoke the truth to power…Too many…in Germany refused to speak against national socialism, and look [at] the result: millions of Jews, pastors, priests, homosexuals, gypsies all lost their lives because everyone was afraid.” On November 8th we can defend our most vulnerable with our vote against the Democratic candidate who proudly promotes the ongoing legality of their unjust killing.
2) The Breakdown of the Fundamental Unit of Society Continues in Earnest. This is the family, whose foundation is natural marriage, and which the government has a legitimate interest in keeping strong. Calling same-sex couplings “marriage” is the last of a long line of distortions to the family that have caused the moral decay and social chaos we too often see played out on TV news. Poverty, government dependence, violent crime, promiscuity, and hopelessness are largely the result of fatherless families. And this is largely due to societal acceptance of premarital sex in the 1970’s, which itself was the result of the popularization of the birth control pill. Contraception de-links sex from procreation and sex from marriage, inevitably leading to vast increases in abortion and fatherless families. This de-linking and disintegration of human nature has led to massive confusion on the meaning and purpose of sex, marriage, and self-identity. For the past 35 years the Democratic Party has become the political arm of this satanic movement to unravel the family and society from within.
3) A Virtual Repeal of the First Amendment is Imminent. We have already seen the precursors of this in the form of “safe-zones”, “trigger warnings”, and the intimidation of religious institutions that do not “toe the line.” It is all part of an agenda to make unpleasant truths hate speech, ultimately striving to control the population by controlling the language. A Hillary presidency would expand this ideology and, perhaps, make illegal the speaking of “offensive” truths that challenge the false narrative of the left.
4) Schools Have Become Propaganda Establishments. One reason the education establishment fights against school choice and competition is that they know it would make it more difficult to control the ideological agenda. Young people would be healthier and much less confused without the top-down federal control that Democrats and Hillary support over education.
5) Social Engineering Must End. The reactionary movement against “white privilege” and Christianity paves the way for blatant unjust discrimination against anyone not perceived as a victim. This includes being blacklisted, fired, ridiculed, passed over for hiring; losing one’s business, and having one’s reputation tarnished by lies – simply for refusing to embrace the latest in vogue unnatural behavior in the name of “inclusion”. Hillary has specifically stated that religious beliefs “have to be changed” to fit into her distorted understanding of reproductive health care.
This election cycle, people of good will must share the common goal of preventing the continuation of the unraveling of America through a third Obama term, a Hillary presidency. The only reasonable way to do this is to hold one’s nose and vote for Donald Trump. To be fair, since his nomination Trump has surrounded himself with highly ethical people and has promised to appoint judges that will respect the Constitution. Yet, it still doesn’t come easy for many of us.
Our vote matters – for the common good, the soul of the nation, and for our own souls. Voting is a moral act for which each of us will render an account on judgment day. May we search our hearts and make our vote correspond to the loud call of justice in our day.