The Honorable Judge Peter Agnes, of the Massachusetts Appeals Court, shall Speak on the Law Day Theme: “The Watering Down of Miranda”.
Local high school students will compete in this year’s Annual Law Day Speech Contest held on April, 29, 2016, at the Fenton Judicial Center/Lawrence District Court. The topic of this year’s Speech Contest is: “Miranda: More than Words.” The Speech Contest will commence promptly at 10:30 A.M. and will be held in Courtroom #4 located on the third floor of the Courthouse.
The students participating in the Speech Contest are:
- Margaret Devlin Central Catholic High School, Lawrence, MA
- Myah Drouin Salem High School, Salem, NH
- Maegan Hanlon Salem High School, Salem, NH
- Alison Keenan Methuen High School, Methuen, MA
- Trammie Tran Brooks School, North Andover, MA
- Angela Walukevich Presentation of Mary Academy, Methuen, MA
- Elizabeth Stackley Lawrence High School, Lawrence, MA
Student speeches will be judged by the Honorable Peter Agnes of the Massachusetts Appeals Court; the Honorable Lynn C. Rooney, First Justice of the Lawrence District Court; and the Honorable Mark Newman, Associate Justice of the Lawrence Juvenile Court. The winner of the Speech Contest will be announced at a Luncheon sponsored by the Lawrence Bar Association held after the Speech Contest beginning at 12:30 PM at Salvatore’s Restaurant on Merrimack Street in Lawrence. Two students from Esperanza Academy in Lawrence will participate in the event by leading the Pledge of Allegiance.