As we have started The New Year’s resolutions and begin the best intentions start to flicker out and our determination begins to wear off, many people begin a never-ending battle to beat the resolution “slump.” In fact, research shows a least a third of New Year’s resolutions are abandoned before the end of January, and less then 25% of them are kept long-term.
In order to help consumers beat this all-too-common issue, Fitness Together, a global franchise providing one-on-one and small group training, is offering tips on how to “reboot” and “recharge” fitness goals. Fitness Together works to help customers at any fitness level succeed in establishing and maintaining a healthy and fit lifestyle.
“People need to keep in mind that most resolutions, especially those that include including one’s physical health, are meant to be long term and not ‘quick fixes’, said Maureen Sullivan – Owner of Fitness Together of North Andover. “Keeping yourself motivated takes hard work. And just as you would recharge a battery on a mobile phone, a New Year’s resolution may need charging as well.”
Fitness Together – North Andover offers the following tips to help people stay motivated and engaged in their workout after the New Year:
1. Mark your calendar. Specify a date and time of your workout in your calendar as you would any other appointment. This makes it harder to skip or forgot!
2. Think ahead. Start preparing for your workout the night before by packing a gym bag and putting by the front door so you’re reminded of where you’ll be headed after work.
3. Take baby steps. Most goals, especially fitness goals, are more successfully achieved when they are broken down into a series of smaller goals or actions. Planning your strategy to take advantage of a series of smaller achievements will give you a great sense of accomplishment and the motivation to continue.
4. Pick a buddy. To prevent boredom and maintain your motivation, find a friend (or four!) to adopt a similar exercise schedule. Studies show that training with others is more beneficial than training alone.
5. Recruit professional help. Personal trainers are a valuable fitness resource for exercise ideas, technique assistance and support. Working out with a personal trainer means burning more calories and improving all health-related aspects of fitness, including cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, muscular endurance, body composition and flexibility.
“One thing to remember when working towards achieving a fitness goal or sticking with your New Year’s resolution is that when you hit a bump in the road, keep going,” added Sullivan. “Utilizing the above tips can help you stay on track and ultimately achieve the results you were working towards.”
Fitness Together of North Andover is located 73 Main Street. For more information, please call 978-659-0047 or visit www.FitnessTogether.com/NorthAndover.
About Fitness Together: Fitness Together is part of Highlands Ranch, Colorado-based WellBiz Brands, Inc., one of the largest wellness franchise organizations in the United States. The company owns Fitness Together Franchise
Corporation (Fitness Together), which franchises one-on-one and small group personal physical fitness training studios, and Elements Therapeutic Massage, Inc., (Elements), which franchises Elements Massage studios, providing custom therapeutic massage to meet clients’ individual needs.
Fitness Together began franchising in 1996 and currently has 200 locations across the United States, Brazil, and Canada. Elements began franchising in 2006 and has more then 170 locations in 32 states. If you would like more information about Fitness Together franchise opportunities, please visit http://fitnesstogether.com/franchise. If
you would like more information about Elements franchise opportunities, please visit http://elementsfranchise.com.