Bread & Roses Housing ~ KANE’S KORNER

Bread & Roses Housing ~ KANE’S KORNER

Affordable Homeownership in Lawrence, Haverhill, and North Andover By: Kane Kane knows it is a dream of many families in the Merrimack Valley to own a home. There are so many hard-working people that work full time that are priced out of homeownership due to the astronomical price of real estate. The Executive Director of […]

Celebrating Our Amazing Graduates of the Class of 2023 ~ IN YOUR CORNER with AUDITOR DIZOGLIO

Celebrating Our Amazing Graduates of the Class of 2023 ~ IN YOUR CORNER with AUDITOR DIZOGLIO

EXCLUSIVE TO THE VALLEY PATRIOT 6-23 Hello Valley Patriot Readers, Recently, I had the honor of delivering the commencement address to the Class of 2023 at my alma mater, Middlesex Community College. It was a beautiful day celebrating all of the hard work, tireless efforts and sacrifices made by the graduates, their families, and friends. […]

Paulino: Part of My Job is Community Engagement

Paulino: Part of My Job is Community Engagement

Dear Constituents, As your State Representative, I am privileged to play an active role in our community’s vibrant life. Today, I want to share with you some pivotal moments that have recently underscored our shared commitment to hope, safety, and honor – the graduation ceremonies at Methuen and Lawrence High, the Massachusetts Nurses Association’s protest […]

Hypocrisy in North Andover, Ignoring the “Health Experts” ~ VALLEY PATRIOT EDITORIAL (06-23)

Hypocrisy in North Andover, Ignoring the “Health Experts” ~ VALLEY PATRIOT EDITORIAL (06-23)

6-23 Last month, attendees at North Andover Town Meeting overwhelmingly voted to ban the use of plastic bags for all businesses in town over 3,000 sq. feet. When we say it was overwhelming, we mean the measure won by more than 90%. Citizen after citizen (many still wearing masks three years after COVID) took to […]

Money for Local Groups Now in the State Budget

Money for Local Groups Now in the State Budget

By: State Rep. Estela Reyes – 5-23 As the state representative for Methuen and Lawrence I have been focused on how the state’s budget can benefit my constituents in both communities. When putting the state budget together, legislators are allowed to request “earmarks” for our districts. An earmark is when the legislature votes to allocate […]

Auditor Finds Continued Deficiencies in Protecting Elders from Abuse and Neglect ~ IN YOUR CORNER with AUDITOR DIZOGLIO

Auditor Finds Continued Deficiencies in Protecting Elders from Abuse and Neglect ~ IN YOUR CORNER with AUDITOR DIZOGLIO

EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE VALLEY PATRIOT By: State Auditor Diana DiZoglio – (05-23) Being a senior citizen in Massachusetts should be especially fulfilling, as our Executive Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA) operates with a core mission to “develop, implement, and evaluate innovative programs to promote the independence, empowerment, and well-being of older adults, individuals with disabilities, […]

Royal House of Roast Beef Opens New Location in Dracut

Royal House of Roast Beef Opens New Location in Dracut

ORDER ON LINE HERE Address: 1489 Broadway Rd, Dracut, Phone: (978) (978) 208-6120 Email: RoyalHouseRoastBeef@gmail.com DRACUT – Magdi Mikhael, owner of Royal House of Roast Beef in Methuen has opened a new shop in Dracut at 1489 Broadway Road. Last month, they held their grand opening at their new location, having hundreds of customers from […]

Mayor DePeña Welcomes Congresswoman Trahan to Discuss Fixing Bridges in Lawrence

Mayor DePeña Welcomes Congresswoman Trahan  to Discuss Fixing Bridges in Lawrence

Lawrence Mayor Brian DePeña, alongside other elected officials, welcomed Congresswoman Lori Trahan to Lawrence City Hall, for a very productive meeting to discuss Lawrence’s infrastructure priorities and projects, in particular the bridges in Lawrence that are in serious disrepair. Consequently, Congresswoman Trahan says she is committed to ensuring these projects in Lawrence receive funding support. […]

Bringing Local Aid to Methuen and Haverhill

Bringing Local Aid to Methuen and Haverhill

During the last week of April, the House of Representatives, at its budget week, I am proud to report that the Methuen delegation, comprised of myself, Representative Estela Reyes and Representative Francisco Paulino secured $175,000 in local earmarks. I secured $50,000 for mental health resources in Methuen Public Schools, $25,000 for the Cogswell art centre […]

Former Andover Youth Services Assistant Director Glenn Wilson Pays $9K Fine for Violating Conflict of Interest Law

Former Andover Youth Services Assistant Director Glenn Wilson Pays $9K Fine for Violating Conflict of Interest Law

Wilson received private compensation in connection with his public employment Former Andover Youth Services Assistant Director Glenn Wilson has paid a $9,000 civil penalty for violating the conflict of interest law by receiving payments from a private nonprofit relating to his employment and because of his position as a Town of Andover employee. Wilson signed […]

Lawrence’s Mayor DePeña Presents 2nd State of the City Address: $16M Coming to City of Lawrence

Lawrence’s Mayor DePeña Presents 2nd State of the City Address: $16M Coming to City of Lawrence

LAWRENCE (February 22, 2023) Mayor Brian A. DePeña gave his 2nd State of the City Address, alongside members of the Lawrence State Delegation, and members of the community. Mayor DePeña gave an update on the issues facing the City of Lawrence, along with his early priorities and efforts to address them, in remarks given directly […]

The Psychological Center, Inc. to Host Kentucky Derby Themed Fundraising Event

Chief Executive Officer Carina Pappalardo is pleased to share that the The Psychological Center, Inc., is hosting a Kentucky Derby themed fundraiser to support Pegasus House, Women’s View, and the Daybreak Shelter. WHEN: Saturday, May 6, at 5:30 p.m. WHERE: Haverhill Country Club, 58 Brickett Lane, Haverhill, MA 01830 WHAT: The Psychological Center, Inc., is […]