Lawrence Board of Registrars to Meet Wednesday on Recall of Mayor Dan Rivera

Lawrence Board of Registrars to Meet Wednesday on Recall of Mayor Dan Rivera

Sept 8, 2015|9PM Efforts to recall Lawrence Mayor Dan Rivera will move forward as the Lawrence Board of Registrars (BOR) has scheduled a meeting for Wednesday September 9th, on the recall affidavit submitted by attorney and funeral home director Louis Farrah.  The recall affidavit was submitted by Farrah on behalf of a group calling themselves The Foundation […]

Veterans, Single Mom’s, Elderly and Working Families Are Getting Screwed. Help Stop the Madness!

Veterans, Single Mom’s, Elderly and Working Families Are Getting Screwed. Help Stop the Madness!

By: John MacDonald – September, 2015 America. We are still the greatest nation on earth and who amongst us would ever really want to live anywhere else? However in my opinion the last seven years of extreme progressive left wing leadership in the White House and here in Massachusetts during the Deval Patrick era and […]

With Children at Stake, Parents with Addiction Issues Battle Bureacracy

With Children at Stake, Parents with Addiction Issues Battle Bureacracy

By: Joe D’Amore – Sept. 1, 2015 She was a woman in love with a man who could not help her with her addictions    At the age of 11 she took her first drink and from there a nightmarish escalation materialized starting with prescription drugs, cocaine and eventually heroin.  Even the methods to deliver the […]

Advocating for Key Priorities in State Senate Budget ~ IN YOUR CORNER WITH SENATOR KATY IVES

Advocating for Key Priorities in State Senate Budget ~ IN YOUR CORNER WITH SENATOR KATY IVES

By: Senator Katy Ives – August, 2015 The Massachusetts State Senate debated the Fiscal Year 2016 state budget last month, where I advocated for key provisions that will be beneficial to the constituents of my district. The items below are a number of the district-specific priorities included in the final budget: Fixing the MBTA Over […]

Why are the Planned Parenthood Videos Being Ignored? ~ Beneath the Surface with Paul Murano

Why are the Planned Parenthood Videos Being Ignored?  ~ Beneath the Surface with Paul Murano

By: Paul Murano – August, 2015 We need to ask ourselves an important question, and without pretty language to obscure it: Why is it so difficult for an otherwise civilized society to reject an organization that kills and dismembers thousands of human beings each year and makes money off their body parts? In the past […]

Sunshine saves taxpayers $7.5M

Sunshine saves taxpayers $7.5M

Gr. Lawrence Technical School first school in Massachusetts to get 100% of their electricity from solar farm  By: Jessica Finocchiaro – August, 2015 Did you know the Greater Lawrence Technical School (GLTS) officially became the first school in Massachusetts to be 100% powered by solar energy? Borrego Solar Systems Inc. and GLTS students constructed […]

Valley Patriots of the Month ~ HEROES IN OUR MIDST – Hudner and Brown

Valley Patriots of the Month ~ HEROES IN OUR MIDST – Hudner and Brown

By: Sid Smith – August, 2015 When is the last time you heard anything encouraging from the race relations standpoint? Never? Well, here is one, and I would be willing to venture that less than one American in over ten thousand has ever heard of it. The story involves Mississippi and Massachusetts. So … how […]

Political Campaign Season Begins in Lawrence

Political Campaign Season Begins in Lawrence

By: Kathy Runge – August 2015 We’re starting campaign season and I’m already preparing myself for the onslaught of robo-calls and junk mail we’ll be receiving in a couple of months. Please don’t vote for candidates that spend thousands of dollars trying to impress you. The more money a local candidate receives in donations, the […]

From North Andover to London My Year Abroad

From North Andover to London My Year Abroad

By: Vipsania Pimentel – August, 2015 While most of my classmates were getting ready to enter the real working world after our college graduation, I was packing a suitcase, and getting ready to move thousands of miles across the Atlantic Ocean. After studying abroad in Florence, Italy as an undergraduate, I never imagined that I […]

Dr. Gomer Turns Eyesore in Lawrence Into Jewel of the Neighborhood

Dr. Gomer Turns Eyesore in Lawrence Into Jewel of the Neighborhood

After a year of construction work, Dr. Gomer finally announced the opening of his new location for Mount Vernon Dental Solutions. The new dental office was built in place of an old Julie and Wendy’s convenience store that was abandoned for a long time. Last month, Lawrence officials attended a ribbon cutting at Mount Vernon […]

Teacher Speaks Out on Poor Treatment in Lawrence Schools

Teacher Speaks Out on Poor Treatment  in Lawrence Schools

By: Amy Berard – August, 2015 I am one of the 59 Lawrence teachers whose contract was not renewed this year. Recently, on June 11, you reported on this. I would like to share with you and possibly your readers my experience teaching within the Lawrence Public School District. I have taught in Lawrence at […]

Lawrence Mayor Rivera Opposes Sanctuary Cities, But Will Not Veto Council’s Decision

Lawrence Mayor Rivera Opposes Sanctuary Cities, But Will Not Veto Council’s Decision

Lawrence Mayor Dan Rivera said Wednesday that even though he opposes making Lawrence a sanctuary city, he will not veto the city council’s vote Tuesday to stop criminal illegal aliens from being deported when arrested by Lawrence Police. Rivera said in a long statement (below) that vetoing the council’s decision will only drag out the process of an […]

1 24 25 26 27 28 62